Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Flower of Sweetest Smell



She loves to gaze upon a crystal river--
Diaphanous because it travels slowly;
Soft is the music that would charm for ever;
The flower of sweetest smell is shy and lowly.

              --from "Not Love, Not War, Nor the Tumultuous Swell" by William Wordsworth (1823)


I recently saw someone dress their Stella Serendipitous doll in pale pink, and she looked lovely--and completely different than she does in her stock dress that is bright red and black. Now that I know she looks so good in soft pastel colors, I expect to photograph her a lot more, because I couldn't think of what to put on her before; she's been wearing a silvery-grey dress for ages!  Here, she is wearing the stock dress from Jane LeFroy. I bought it in a Facebook group several months ago because I think it is beautiful, but I haven't been inspired to dress any of my dolls in it, until now. Isn't it perfect on her?


2 comments: