Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Hiking Rocks!


Emiko was surprised to discover painted boulders lining the path as she hiked in the mountains for the first time. 




I was walking with my husband one evening last week, playing Pokemon Go. As we sat down on a bench (to take over a gym...you Pokemon players know what I'm talking about) I noticed a rock that had been carefully set against the back of the bench. I thought there was something special about this rock, but it was too dark to see, so I put it in my pocket. When I got home I saw that it had a picture painted on it (it's the one on the right with the sun and house); on the back was the name of a Facebook group, "Williamsburg VA Rocks!" It turns out that this is a local group of people who paint and hide rocks around town to be found by strangers. If you find one, you can keep it or re-hide it. The people in the group post pictures of rocks they have painted and are getting ready to hide, and they love it if "finders" will post pictures of their finds...so I'm going to post this picture to the group, showing my rock, plus two others that my daughter found. I'm also going to tell them about Blythe. Who knows? Maybe I'll get some of them to come over to the "Blythe side"!

This doll is Lady Camellia.





No comments:

Post a Comment