Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Meet Jill

Introducing my pretty new Blythe doll, Home Sweet Home! She will go by the name Jill.

I normally prefer the fantasy-haired girls, but I just love Jill's soft coloring, translucent skin, and her pink and blue outfit. I was pleasantly surprised to find the two paper extras that came with her: the adorable Blythe-in-a-box that is her mini-me, and the sweet little shopping bag from the store Junie Moon. Both of these items had to be assembled. The doll box was simple to fold together, but the shopping bag required glue and I had to supply the handles; luckily, I have a huge selection of ribbon in my sewing room so it was easy to find some that matched. I also added my own tissue paper to the bag to make it look like Jill just came home from a shopping trip.

I've had her for a couple of weeks, but I haven't posted her picture until now because her hair required FIVE washes to get the grease out! This is the most work I've had to put into a doll to make her presentable right out of the box, and she could probably still use another shampoo. That's her only drawback--if you are thinking of getting her, be prepared to wash, wash, wash her hair!






No comments:

Post a Comment