Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Kitty for your Dolls

Awww, look at the cute little kitty! 

Heidi is so happy with her new little friend. I made this one, and you can make one too, because the generous Shelly at Gingermelon is offering the pattern and a tutorial on her blog--for free! That's really an wonderful gift, because she does a thriving business selling her patterns on Etsy . I've admired her sweet little dolls and animals for years, but this is the first time I've tried one of her patterns. 

The pattern downloaded and printed out easily. I read through the well-written instructions, then grabbed my felt and got to work! I used only the craft supplies I had on hand, so there are several differences between my kitty and hers; for example, the craft eyes I had were either a size larger or a size smaller than what she used (I used the smaller size, because the washer that holds the eye in place inside the head was too big on the larger size.) Also, I ADORE the way she glued crystals at the neck for a collar, but I didn't have any on hand, so I strung some seed beads on thread and tied it in place for my collar. And I have to mention that I didn't use the placement lines on the pattern--I free-handed everything, which accounts for small differences between mine and hers.

This was a fun little project that took less than two hours. Try it!

Gingermelon Blog: http://gingermelondolls.blogspot.com/2015/10/free-tutorial-sparkle-kitty.html

Gingermelon on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/es/shop/gingermelon




Heidi is my Cousin Olivia Blythe doll.


1 comment: