Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Mini Books


So many books...so little time.


This is my Pow Wow Poncho (named Faith), who was released in 2003. She has the SBL face mold.

Making tiny dolly props is one of my favorite parts of playing with Blythe.  Faith's book were easy to make, here's how to do it:

1. Google "book covers" and select "images". You will have TONS of books to choose from. I simply copied and pasted the covers I wanted into my word processing program--it can handle photos as well as words. Then I just shrunk them down to the size that looked about right for a doll, printed and cut them out, and folded them.


2. Cut mini pages for the books from an old dictionary or other unwanted book, using an X-acto knife. I have a big old dictionary I bought at the library for one dollar!


3. Stack the pages together and dip the edge that will be against the spine into a shallow pool of glue. Press the pages in to the cover, and secure with a clothes pin until dry.


You could make a whole library for your dollies!

Also, if you are an avid book reader like me (and Faith), I want to recommend the website called Goodreads. I use it to keep track of the books I've read, set reading goals for the year (usually I go for 52, a book a week), and find new books to read. You can find me there under my real name, Leslie Andersen.






2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I want to try this on one of my "project days" this year. I LOVE goodreads. Added you as a friend! :)

    <3 Kelsea | Kels Shark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsea! I will look for you on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete