Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Eyes

I took the plunge and changed a pair of front-facing eye chips in three of my Blythes yesterday.


I was slightly terrified as I melted a glue stick and jammed it onto the first eye!  And I was terrified again as I gripped Grace's head (the girl on the right) and started pulling--HARD--to get the chip out.  Much to my relief, I didn't break her, and all the eye chips came out...eventually (I had to re-do the glue sticks on some of them.  I don't know if the chips were just glued extra-hard, or if I was too impatient and started pulling before the glue stick had firmed up completely.  Claire (center) was the trickiest of the three, because she her face mold is SBL, so her eye holes are the smallest. The melted glue got in her eyelashes, and I thought she was a goner, but I managed to scraped it out without pulling out any of her lashes!  Whew!

Now that these three are looking so pretty, I need to get more chips for the rest of my dolls!  I just placed an order with Cool Cat on eBay, so I will be working on the rest of them soon.

1 comment:

  1. If you use high-temp glue sticks and let them sit for about 5 minutes, they come out on the first try. I did the same thing you did and got some glue stuck in the eyelashes, and it did eventually come out... just took some tweezers and time.

    ReplyDelete